Genomics update: Emerging technologies and clinical cases
The HGSA’s Education, Ethics & Social Issues Committee has teamed up with the International Congress in Genetics (ICG), Melbourne Genomics and Australian Genomics to develop a one-day workshop. While the workshop is targeted to non-genetics health professionals it may also be of interest to HGSA members wanting to upskill in clinical genomics. Student discounts apply!
The HGSA EESIC Committee is excited to partner with ICG, Melbourne Genomics and Australian Genomics for this event!
- Refresh basic genetics/genomic principles and processes;
- Identify when a patient is suitable for genetic or genomic testing and how to select the right test at the right time;
- Appreciate clinicians’ roles across the genomic testing pathway;
- Describe complexities of communicating with patients and families around consent, result disclosure and follow up;
- Understand the science behind polygenic risk scores, pharmacogenomics and precision cancer therapies
The day culminates in the great debate, Has genomics met its promise?
Learn from experienced clinicians, scientists, researchers, ethicists and community representatives, including several HGSA members.
Cost: $300 including morning tea and lunch
Discounted rates for students available.
Further information and registration can be found here.
PDF of flyer can be found here. You are welcome to share with colleagues.